1. Welcome to the Canadian Fishing Forum! If this is your first visit, please go ahead and sign-up to become a member! (Many threads and comments are visible only to Members who sign up with a VALID email address.) Do not hesitate to contribute and interact with fellow members.

Lowrance transducer

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Cbpro-v, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Cbpro-v

Cbpro-v Well-Known Member

i have 2 transducers Came with a Elite 7 Chirp brand new, never used. Model 003-8766-00, FA-XDCR HDI, 83/200 455/800, transom mount skimmer. they sell for $160 ($180 w/tax), $100, PM if interested..

craigm likes this.
  2. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

7 minutes and this isn't gone already??

3. Cbpro-v

$100 each

4. mattitude

mattitude Active Member

I'll take one.

5. LunkerHunter

LunkerHunter Active Member

I'll take one

6. Cbpro-v

still have one for sale

7. Cbpro-v

one is still for sale first come first serve ,thanks

8. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Is this compatable with an HDS7 or 8 gen2 non touch? I take it that it's better than the stock high speed transducer? Could be interested if compatible and would make a real upgrade. I already have an LSS2 side/down imaging transducer

9. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

I think the only difference is this ducer has down imaging capability, but since you have and lss2, you already have that capability. The stock blue connector ducer you currently have should be either the basic 83/200, or the one he is selling which is the 83/200 and 455/800 (down imaging). So no upgrade in terms of better signal than what you have. But still a great deal and worth it to have as a spare. It should work on your hds if it uses the blue connector which I am pretty sure it does.

10. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Yes, good for a HDS7 or 8 gen2 non touch. I run the HDI along with a LSS2 on a non touch 8 and a Gen 3 9.

11. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Would I see a clearer DI and high speed signal over the stock high speed transducer given I'm also running the LSS2 ducer?

12. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I use the HDI for chirp and 2D and down/side with LSS2. The stock 83/200 wouldn't give you DI just 2D.

13. glennie_rapala

glennie_rapala Well-Known Member

I run a Totalscan with an Elite-Ti and HDI Skimmer with an Elite-7 CHIRP. The Totalscan interferes with both 455 and 800 kHz Downscan with the HDI. It's a non issue though as the Totalscan runs all things StructureScan for me.

Assuming you have the Sonarhub, I'm pretty sure the HDI Skimmer will enable high and medium CHIRP. I like CHIRP for target separation near the bottom. $100 for an HDI Skimmer is a better price than you'll find anywhere.

14. lake-fisher

lake-fisher Well-Known Member

Which "stock" transducer(s) do you already have? You may already have this exact one as it does come with many units. Lowrance doesnt really have a stock ducer. They sell all their units with the either no ducer, a 83/200 ducer, or the 83/200 455/800 ducer, or the 83/200 with the lss2 ducer.

15. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

@glennie_rapala , they only interfere if both Totalscan and HDI are set to the same frequency though, correct? If one unit is running 455 + 200 and the other is running 800 + 83 there should not be any interference. I have mine setup this way....455 for Sidescan, 800 for Downscan.

This is a great price for the transducer btw...I am surprised it is still available.

That being said....I'm not sure it would give @Thane any benefit over the standard 83/200 Hst-wsbl he already has in combo with Lss-2. Lowrance Gen2 button units can do Downscan, but unlike gen2touch and more recent, it has be done through the structurescan module....plugging the HDI transducer directly into a Gen2 touch will not enable Downscan, that is my understanding.

Bryan likes this.
  16. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I have the Structurescan HD module with the LSS2 and 83/200. From what I've just read I would need the sonarhub module to run chirp with with my Gen2 non touch units so I've not sure there's any net benefit to the HDI transducer unless investing in a bunch of coin on a sonar hub or getting a gen3 touch unit. There's always a catch eh?

Bryan likes this.
  17. glennie_rapala

Unfortunately they interfere regardless of frequency with 455 / 800. I was surprised, but running 455 Sidescan with the TotalScan and 800 DownScan with the HDI (and vice versa with the frequencies) makes for major interference on the DownScan display on the Elite-7 CHIRP. Again, not a big deal as I like my CHIRP options.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  18. craigm

craigm Well-Known Member

Ah I see....weird. I just started running the way I described, and I am not getting any interference. But I'm using structurescan 3D transducer for 455 (not totalscan).

19. Ernie

Ernie Administrator Staff Member

When I had my HDI unit, I mounted the HDI skimmer port side and my other transducers starboard side. That way I got no interference. If I mounted them all on one side I got interference.

20. glennie_rapala

I was thinking that may be the cause for me too. I'm glad your fix worked cuz I'm gonna try it next. I'll be looking at mounting my HDI port side. I've got them both on the starboard side currently.

The Totalscan is a different beast. CHIRP can't be run on it concurrently with StructureScan due to interference, even with the widely different frequencies. On the plus side I'm tracking bottom with it at high speeds, though it will show different depths at times up to a foot vs the HDI. I used a cut up old ID card as a shim to get it perfectly level, using the previously posted video as a reference for getting the level readings.